How to juice cleanse
A juice cleanse is a type of detox diet that involves consuming vegetable and fruit juice for a short period of time, such as one to three days. It is also sometimes called a juice fast.
There are many different varieties of juice cleanses. Some involve homemade juice made with fresh fruits and vegetables run through a juicer or pulverized in a blender, while others require store-bought juices. Some programs include one or more smoothies per day to provide protein, fat, and other nutrients for energy and to curb hunger, or even vegan meals and snacks.
- Drink a glass of warm water and lemon first thing in the morning after you wake up.
- Try to do a little bit of light exercise each day (short walk or a slow run) and get as much rest as possible.
- Our cleanse includes a probiotic which will give you all the good flora you need, so don’t worry about taking any supplements. Likewise, you’ll get more than enough vitamins and nutrients so don’t take anything extra.
- As you’ll only be consuming liquids during your cleanse, you’ll notice that your digestive system will slow down as it is under much less pressure. This is a good thing!
- If you are feeling completely de-energised and really need some food, you can try a light vegetable broth or a few slices of fresh fruit (a few, not a lot!).
Remember, the first 2-3 days of a cleanse are the hardest. Keep your end goal in sight and keep going. We promise, it will be worth it!
HOW CAN I PREPARE FOR A CLEANSE? Preparation can really help you to reap the most benefits from your cleanse, but also to reduce any initial side-effects. A few days before you start, you should try to slowly ease back on the bad stuff in your diet (e.g., caffeine, alcohol). This may sound difficult, but it will definitely help you during the cleanse. With a little determination and an end goal in mind, it will be much easier than it appears! You can also try to introduce more healthy foods into your diet during this period. Try to cut back on meat (eat vegetable based meals) and try to avoid simple carbohydrates and starches.