How Does Adding Turmeric To Your Juices Benefit Your Health?
Turmeric is usually a primary ingredient in many Indian dishes. Turmeric is also used as a coloring agent in foods such as mustard and various cheeses. The benefits of turmeric in the culinary world are well documented, so there is a high chance you have consumed it. Mediavine Turmeric also bears many health benefits. We point out how adding turmeric to your juices will bring a broad range of positive improvements to your overall well-being and diet.
1. It Reduces Osteoarthritis Pain Most of the research into the various effects of turmeric are still in the early phases, however, according to WebMD.com, one study reported significant findings on turmeric’s ability to treat pain from osteoarthritis. The researchers analyzed test groups with arthritis, and they found out that a regular dosage of turmeric condensed the amount of pain that resulted from joint impairment. The research focused on the patients who consumed whole turmeric, rather than a modified supplement made from turmeric; this means you can easily sprinkle the spice it into your juice for the full effect.
2. It Offers Anti-Inflammatory Aid.Turmeric helps to relax blood vessels that become engorged as a response to pain or other irritations because it has anti-inflammatory properties. By adding turmeric into your juices, it will help to alleviate discomfort from a variety of aches and pains. It is similar to taking an over-the-counter pain reliever. Research from the University of Arizona found that the anti-inflammatory properties helped to reduce pain from rheumatoid arthritis, hence furthering the evidence that turmeric can contribute to improving joint movement. The research also suggests that taking the turmeric proactively can help prevent the onset of rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Helps Fight Heart Disease Cardiovascular diseases are one of the principal causes of death among both women and men. Heart disease often results from long-term issues relating to diet and other health factors. Turmeric aids the body in the removal of plaque from arteries, hence decreasing blood flow through the body and help to fight off heart disease. This obstruction results in excessive damage to the muscle causing the heart to work harder than necessary to pump blood, leading to heart attacks. The heart can function at a reasonable level when the plaque is removed and thus stays stronger for longer.
4. Promotes Better Digestion Most of the people who turn to juicing are looking to aid their digestive issues, which is why we often focus on detoxifying the body and flushing the system of harmful build up. Adding turmeric to your juices will enhance your digestive system by eliminating excess gas and reducing bloating. The spice also helps to alleviate discomfort from heartburn, which can lead to major discomforts and other health issues if left untreated. Sometimes drinking a juice blend with turmeric can sometimes result in immediate relief of these problems. However, response time may vary between individuals.
5. Boosts Antioxidant Levels The high levels of antioxidants in turmeric have a variety of benefits to your overall health. A diet rich in antioxidants will help reduce the signs of aging, repair the damage to the heart muscles, increase your energy levels, and improve the function of your other organs. Some research also suggests that antioxidants help combat free radicals that usually lead to cancer. Research from UCLA found that turmeric contained a compound known as curcumin that dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body.
Remember that consistency and moderation is key when it comes to all juicing ingredients and health tactics. Even though tossing a cup of turmeric into your next juice might have a short-term benefit, it can essentially lead to an upset stomach and other discomforts. Make sure you stick to a few teaspoons per juice, a few times a week to keep yourself on track while guaranteeing your ability to reap its benefits in the long haul.